- Accounting for the order in clitic/affix person marker sequences in Central Kurdish
- Pamir langauges: classification and sociolinguistic situation
- States of Mixture: Christians, Zoroastrians, and Muslims in Late Antiquity
- Thoughts in motion: linguistic experience and conceptual representation
- Pamir languages: linguistic description
How many languages and subjects do we offer?
21 subjects, 4 programmes and more than 250 courses.
Fields of Study
Our department specializes in languages offering education in more than twenty different languages along with courses in general linguistics and language technology. Students can choose to study courses within the following eleven major subjects: Greek, Greek and Byzantine Studies, Indology, Iranian Languages, Chinese, Latin, General Linguistics, Semitic Languages, Language Technology, Turkish and Turkic Languages.
We also have additional courses in the following minor subjects: Arabic, Aramaic/Syriac, Assyriology, Hebrew, Comparative Indo-European Language Studies, Kurdish, Middle Eastern Studies, Persian, Swahili, Ancient Languages and Cultures.
The department has three affiliated forums, research environments aimed at strengthening the position of a subject at the university. The forums are either directly subordinate to the department or represent a cooperation between a few departments at the university.